Source: Screengrab via VEVO
The 10 Most Ridiculous Lines From R. Kelly's 19-Minute-Long New Song
Source: Screengrab via VEVO
An unexpected (and absolutely unnecessary) new track from R. Kelly has been released online.
Titled "I Admit," the 19-minute-long song finds the Chicago R&B singer admitting to a number of incidents that have occurred in his life. There's an absurd, comical tone to it all even though it's not really funny. It's reminiscent of his Trapped in the Closet series, but instead of a convoluted plot, it's just Kelly admitting to things.
Overall, "I Admit" is his attempt at gaining sympathy as the public turns on him in light of years-long accusations of sexual misconduct with underage girls as well as recent claims that he trained young women as a part of a sex cult he had in Georgia. He addresses these allegations but implies that he didn't do it in "I Admit," which seems to defeat the purpose of naming the song what he did.
Still, in offering a public confession Kelly has revealed a lot. So I listened to the track and selected the 10 most ridiculous lines from it so you don't even have to subject yourself to it (unless you want to).
10. "Now I admit I got some girls that love me to pull they hair / And I admit they love for me to pull they hair / Some like me to spank 'em and some like to give brain and what some of these girls want is too much for the radio station."
9. "To them niggas that drink my liquor and smoke my stogies / How come you ain't on Facebook takin' up for me?"
8. "Now I admit I love Hugh Hefner / And through the years supported Hugh Hefner / But when he left this world he had a million girls / But we gon' always love Hugh Hefner."
7. "There is one thing that's for sure / And I wanna make this shit clear / I done lift my voice and represented my country for 31 fucking years."
6. "I admit I can't spell for shit / I admit that all I hear is hits / I admit I couldn't read the teleprompter when the Grammys asked me to present."
5. "To Jim Derogatis or whatever your name is / You've been trying to destroy me for 25 whole years / Writing the same stories over and over and over again / Off my name you done went and made yourself a career."
4. "Women show black men some love / 'Cause black men we go through enough / How can we get up off the ground / When we steady tearing each other down?"
3. "I admit I fuck with all the ladies / That's both older and younger ladies / But tell me how they call it pedophile because of that shit / That's crazy."
2. "Won't say no names I'm not a snitch / But one night at The Ritz / I did some shit I shouldn't have did / Went and fucked my nigga's bitch / I admit I admit that I did / I fucked my girlfriend's best friend / Yeah I tapped that in the back of my Benz."
1. "I admit that this is no disrespect to the parents / But this is my advice to you 'cause I'm also a parent / Don't push your daughter in my face and tell me that it's ok / 'Cause your agenda is to get paid / And get mad when it don't go your way."
R. Kelly Admits To Everything But His Alleged Sexual Abuse In New Track "I Admit"