Featuring appearances from Sampa The Great, Danny Brown, Skepta, and more.
A righteous roster of boundary-pushing rappers is rallying to pay tribute to the late Tony Allen on an upcoming posthumous album from the Afrobeat pioneer.
Announced today with the release of “Cosmosis,” a lead single featuring Skepta and Ben Okri, There is No End is set for release on April 30th, marking the one-year anniversary of the drummer’s death. The album also includes appearances from Sampa The Great, Danny Brown, Zelooperz, Koreatown Oddity, Lord Jah-Monte Ogbon, and others.
Allen produced the entirety of the album’s beats alongside Vincent Taeger and Vincent Taurelle back in 2019, hoping to lend a canvas and platform to a younger generation of rappers and singers. “I want to take care of youngsters; they have messages and I want to bring them on my beat. The idea is to transmit to the young generation, to mix different universes – the hip hop world to the Afrobeat world,” Allen noted in a statement. The drummer’s collaborative spirit has been well documented over the years. Allen was tapped by Fela Kuti lead the legendary Africa ’70 band as drummer and musical director, recording more than 30 albums with the Afrobeat icon.
Hear Tony Allen link with Skepta and Ben Okri on “Cosmosis” below and scroll on to see the full tracklist and album cover for There is No End. Pre-order your copy of the album on vinyl or CD here.
There is No End Tracklist:
1. Tony’s Praeludium
2. Stumbling Down (featuring Sampa The Great)
3. Crushed Grapes (featuring Lord Jah-Monte Ogbon)
4. Très magnifique (featuring Tsunami)
5. Mau Mau (featuring Nah Eeto)
6. Coonta Kinte (featuring Zelooperz)
7. Rich Black (featuring Koreatown Oddity)
8. One Inna Million (featuring Lava La Rue)
9. Gang On Holiday (Em I Go We?) (featuring Jeremiah Jae)
10. Deer In Headlights (featuring Danny Brown)
11. Hurt Your Soul (featuring Nate Bone)
12. My Own (featuring Marlowe)
13. Cosmosis (featuring Ben Okri and Skepta)
14. There’s No End