Reggae Giant Lee "Scratch" Perry's "Secret Laboratory" In Switzerland Went Up In Flames Last Night
Sad news out of Switzerland this morning, as reggae giant Lee “Scratch” Perry reports that he’s lost a life’s worth of recordings, magical hats and boots in a studio fire last night at his “Secret Laboratory”. According to a post published on his Facebook account, the fire was caused by a candle that was left burning. Perry has also asked of his “angels that always give me perfect things” to send him private messages if they intend to send him anything, exchanging guest list spots for clothing items and donations. It should be noted that this is at least the second time one of Perry’s recording facilities have gone up in smoke, as his famed Black Ark studio in Kingston was allegedly burned down by Perry himself in a fit of rage in the late ’70s.
Read Lee “Scratch” Perry’s account of the evening below and send up some prayers for the pioneer.
HALLO MY FANS
SOMETHNG VERY VERY SAD HAPPEND
I FORGOTT TO OUT A CANDLE AND MY WHOLE SECRET LABORATORY BURNED OUT.
MY WHOLE LIFE COLECTIONS,ARTS,MY MAGIC HATS, MY MAGIC BOOTS, ALL MY CRAZY SHOW OUTFITS AND COSTUMES:KING,POPE,GENERAL,MAGICIAN….. ALL MY ELECTRONICS AND STUDIO EQUIPMENT AND MY MAGIC MIC, BOOKS, MUSIK, CDS…
I AM SO SAD AND MY WIFE IS SO MAD
TO MY ANGELS THAT ALWAYS GIVE ME PERFECT THINGS
IF YOU HAVE MADE SOMETHING FOR ME TO BRING IT TO THE SHOW WHEN IM IN YOUR AREA, IT WOULD BE SUPER IF YOU SEND THAT TO ME IN ADVANCE BY POST SO I CAN HAVE IT BEFORE I START WITH SHOWS IN MARCH, BECAUSE NOW IM GOING TO JAMAIKA AND WILL NOT HAVE THE TIME TO LOOK OR MAKE SPECIAL OUTFITS.
SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE AND I WILL SEND YOU THE ADRESS.
ALSO WRITE ME WHERE YOU ARE LOCATED
THEN I WILL PUT YOU + ? ON THE GUESTLIST WHEN I COME TO YOUR AREA AND WITH BACKSTAGE ACSESS SO I CAN THANK YOU PERSONALY