A rep for Tory Lanez has denied reports that the artist is being deported back to Ontario, Canada, following his gun charge arrest.
In a statement sent to XXL, the rep stated the following:
This is a perfect example of false information being spread regarding this case, his whereabouts and his character. He’s in good spirits and looks forward to having the truth come to light about that night and wishes nothing but the best for Meg.
Rumors that Lanez had been deported first surfaced on Tuesday (August 4). The artist was arrested on July 12 after him, Megan Thee Stallion, and her friend Kelsey Nicole were pulled over by LAPD. Lanez was eventually arrested for felony gun charges, while Megan was driven to the hospital by police. The LAPD opened an assault with a deadly weapon investigation into the matter.
Megan recently addressed the shooting in an Instagram Live.
“I was shot in both my feet,” she said. “I had to get surgery to get the bullets taken out. It was super scary.”
“Thank God that the bullets didn’t touch bones or break tendons,” she added. “Where the bullets hit at, they missed everything.”
During the Live, Megan also denied online speculation that a physical altercation led to the shooting.
“It’s not funny, it’s nothing to joke about,” she said. “Nothing for y’all to go and be making fake stories about. I didn’t put my hands on nobody, I didn’t deserve to get shot.”
On Monday, Renaissance singer-songwriter Beyoncé shared a new "Summer Renaissance" clip to promote her Tiffany & Co… Read More
The new action-packed trailer for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever has been released one month ahead of… Read More
In his own words, New Jersey rapper Albee Al talks about staying out of trouble,… Read More
The Round-Up is Okayplayer’s weekly playlist of the best songs in the worlds of hip-hop… Read More
On Friday, Nope actress Keke Palmer announced new digital network Key TV, aiming to spotlight “a new… Read More