Digital Communications/ Social Media Manager
Okayplayer is seeking a driven and motivated Social Media/Digital Content Manager to lead content syndication, traffic partnerships and social media marketing efforts to build audience and engagement on our site and respective social media platforms. The ideal candidate is passionate about the Okayplayer brand, its voice in the left-of-center culture space, and has the vision to market our content through external digital channels.
You will work in tandem with our Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor on a daily basis to manage, create and establish existing and new syndication, social and traffic-generating partnerships. This role includes innovating digital content that speaks to the brand’s audiences on platforms such as Facebook Live, IG TV, plus increasing our social footprint across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Soundcloud and Snapchat. Graphic design experience is a strong plus.
The ideal candidate is an organized self-starter who can flourish in a fast-moving environment while concepting new ideas, and serving as the digital voice of the brand. Extensive understanding of the social media landscape, platforms and how companies are best utilizing these social channels is a must
This position is fulltime in our Williamsburg, Brooklyn, offices.
- Manage existing and new digital syndication, traffic, and social media partnerships to ensure that all parties deliver on their respective obligations
- Pitch content to multiple syndication and social partners on a regular basis
- Collaborate with our EIC and Managing Editor to ensure alignment with Okayplayer’s editorial voice and content initiatives
- Identify new partnership prospects and develop key relationships that will help grow audience and engagement thru the distribution of content and video
- Pitch Social Media activations for all visiting guests to the Okayplayer offices and or exclusives Lead analysis and track qualitative data to measure audience engagement and drive partnership decisions and bandwidth
- Provide weekly analytic reporting
- Stay abreast of new traffic-driving trends
- Oversee the brand’s newsletter strategy
- Providing live coverage of events when needed.
- Engaging with the Okayplayer message board audience.
- Bachelor’s degree required (BA/BS)
- 3-4 years minimum prior work experience required, preferably with a media org or startup
- Extraordinary attention to detail required. Copy editing skills a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, as well as familiarity with Photoshop, Final Cut Pro and HTML
- Direct experience managing several partnerships and campaigns at a time; must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Willing and able to adjust to changing demands and deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a cross functional team
- Adept at performing analyses to determine partnership effectiveness; Google Analytics experience a plus
- Previous role in a digital audience development, editorial marketing, social media or partnership management ideal
- A real passion for music (encompassing hip-hop, soul, jazz, reggae and beyond), politics, film, books and style, and a savviness to what people are talking about and sharing online
If you don’t hear from us within a month, we thank you for your time and interest, but you are not the right fit.
Okayplayer is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.