Photo Credit: Jim Bennett for Austin City Limits Festival via FilmMagic
These Were the Top Selling Rap Albums of 2021
Drake's Certified Lover Boy was the best selling rap album of 2021. Doja Cat, Lil Baby, Lil Durk, and more also had really big years.
Drake's reign won't let up. With 1,850,000 in album-equivalent sales, the rapper's sixth studio album Certified Lover Boy was the top selling rap album of 2021, according to Hits Daily Double. (The album was the third top selling album overall.) Closely following him was Pop Smoke, whose posthumous album Shoot for the Stars Aim for the Moon amassed 1,473,000 in sales. Right behind him was Doja Cat, whose album Planet Her received 1,403,000 in album-equivalent sales.
Lil Baby's second album My Turn got 1,170,000 in sales. (Lil Baby's album with Lil Durk, The Voice of the Heroes, moving 882,000 album-equivalent units.)
Other notable top sellers were Rod Wave (Soulfly), Moneybagg Yo (A Gangsta's Pain), Pooh Shiesty(ShiestySeason) and Megan the Stallion (Good News).
Chicago also got recognition through Polo G and Kanye West, as Polo G had two top sellers with with Hall of Fame and 2020's The GOAT (795,000) while West had Donda (916,000).
Pop Smoke wasn't the only fallen rapper. Juice WRLD had two popular posthumous albums this year: Legends Never Die (1,085,000) and 2018 album Goodbye and Good Riddance (922,000). Check out the 10 top selling rap albums below:
- Drake — Certified Lover Boy (1,850,000)
- Pop Smoke — Shoot for the Stars Aim for the Moon (1,473,000)
- Doja Cat — Planet Her (1,403,000)
- Lil Baby — My Turn (1,170,000)
- Rod Wave — Soulfly (1,146,000)
- Moneybagg Yo — A Gangsta's Pain (1,121,000)
- Juice Wrld — Legends Never Die (1,085,000)
- Polo G — Hall of Fame (1,054,000)
- Post Malone — Hollywood's Bleeding (1,043,000)
- Lil Durk — The Voice (980,000)