Stream J Dilla’s Posthumous Vocal Album ‘The Diary’ ft. Madlib, Pete Rock, Karriem Riggins & More
At long last, J Dilla‘s once-lost-but-now-found solo vocal album, The Diary, has arrived. The months past have revealed the album’s “Introduction” as well as the feverishly-dope “The Sickness” and the Snoop Dogg-assisted “Gangsta Boogie.” Today, after much anticipation, the album arrives in full as an Apple Music exclusive, featuring awe-worthy list of collaborators, including Madlib, Pete Rock, Karriem Riggins, Hi-Tek, Nas, James Poyser, Pino Palladino, Questlove and more. Peep the full track list for J Dilla’s The Diary with production and performance credits below ands stream it exclusively via iTunes today. You can also hear Stones Throw OG, Egon, discuss the album’s discovery, creation and completion on DJ Tony Touch’s Toca Tuesdays.
The Diary Track List:
1. The Introduction, prod. by House Shoes with additional production by J Dilla
2. The Anthem feat. Frank & Dank
3. Fight Club feat. Nottz & Boogie, prod. by Waajeed
4. The Shining Pt. 1 (Diamonds) feat. Kenny Wray, prod. by Nottz
5. The Shining Pt. 2 (Ice), prod. by Madlib
7. Gangsta Boogie feat. Snoop Dogg & Kokane, prod. by Hi-Tek
8. Drive Me Wild, prod. by Karriem Riggins with live performance by Questlove, Lee Johnson, James Poyser, Pino Palidino
9. Give Them What They Want
10. The Creep (The O), prod. by Hi-Tek
11. The Ex feat. Bilal, prod. by Pete Rock
12. So Far, prod. by Supa Dave West
13. Fuck The Police
14. The Diary, prod. by Bink!