Quantcast
Russell Simmons Says He Supports #MeToo Despite Accusations of Rape and Sexual Misconduct

Russell Simmons Says He Supports #MeToo Despite Accusations of Rape and Sexual Misconduct

Source: Youtube screenshot

“[I] still whole heartedly support #metoo despite my experiences.”

Russell Simmons has released a statement in support of the #MeToo movement despite being accused of sexual misconduct and assault.

Simmons posted a statement on Instagram Monday, that read, “The future is brown conscious and feminine.” In the caption, he wrote, “[I] still whole heartedly support #metoo despite my experiences.” He continued, “As for me I have been a playboy all my life i accept that the new more accurate term for playboy is womanizer Therefore i accept that i have been part of the problem and I’m here now to be part of the solution.”

READRussell Simmons to Face Rape Accuser in Court Over $10 Million Lawsuit

He added, ” I am sad for the many men who are being extorted or unjustly accused (and there are many) but It is worth it if my daughters will live in a world where the agenda for women is advanced.”

At least a dozen women have come forward with allegations of rape and sexual misconduct against Simmons.

Simmons has denied all allegations.

Earlier this year, in a since-deleted Instagram post, he issued a statement including the hashtag #NotMe, writing “this insane pile on of my #MeToo… My intention is not to diminish the #MeToo movement in anyway, but instead hold the accusers accountable. #NotMe.”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Russell Simmons (@unclerush) on

READRussell Simmons Sued For $5 Million Over New Rape Allegation

Last week, a judge denied Simmons’ appeal to throw out the $10 million Jane Doe rape lawsuit filed earlier this year.

A hearing for the case has been set for next month.



Our Newsletter

Follow us on Social Media