Listen to Ms. Lauryn Hill Cover Nina Simone's "Feeling Good"
The Netflix documentary on soul music legend Nina Simone, What Happened, Miss Simone?, is set for release on June 26th (but you already knew that). Along with what’s sure to be a great watch, we’re about to get some great music to go along with it, as well. RCA Records is releasing a Nina Simone tribute on July 10th, Nina Revisited: A Tribute To Nina Simone. The 16-track album will feature covers from the likes of Ms. Lauryn Hill, Lisa Simone (Nina’s daughter), Mary J. Blige, Common, Usher, Gregory Porter, Jazmine Sullivan, Alice Smith, and Lalah Hathaway. Ms. Lauryn Hill comes through with 6 of those 16 tracks, take a listen below to her cover of Nina’s "Feeling Good.” Get the full tracklist below, as well. Photo: Pascal Bernier.
1. Lisa Simone - "Nobody's Fault but Mine (Intro)"
2. Ms. Lauryn Hill - "Feeling Good"
3. Ms. Lauryn Hill - "I've Got Life" - Ms. Lauryn Hill
4. Ms. Lauryn Hill - "Ne Me Quitte Pas" - Ms. Lauryn Hill
5. Jazmine Sullivan "Baltimore"
6. Grace - "Love Me or Leave Me"
7. Usher - "My Baby Just Cares For Me"
8. Mary J. Blige - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood"
9. Gregory Porter - "Sinnerman"
10. Common & Lalah Hathaway - "YG&B"
11. Alice Smith - "I Put A Spell On You"
12. Lisa Simone - "I Want A Little Sugar In My Bowl"
13. Ms. Lauryn Hill - "Black Is The Color Of My True Love's Hair"
14. Ms. Lauryn Hill - "Wild Is The Wind"
15. Ms. Lauryn Hill - "African Mailman"
16. Nina Simone - "I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free"