Don Lemon Sued By Hamptons Bartender For Alleged Sexual Assault, CNN Defends News Anchor
The CNN host “categorically denies” the claims in the suit according to a spokesperson for the news channel.
Don Lemon is being sued by a Hamptons bartender who has accused the CNN host of sexually assaulting him at a New york bar last year.
In a report from Deadline, Dustin Hice sued Lemon Sunday for a “demeaning, unprovoked and offensive assault” that allegedly took place at Murf’s Backstreet Tavern in Sag Harbor in July 2018.
“Mr. Lemon, who was wearing a pair of shorts, sandals, and a t-shirt, put his hand down the front of his own shorts, and vigorously rubbed his genitalia, removed his hand and shoved his index and middle fingers into [Hice’s] moustache under [Hice’s] nose,” the filing for “emotional pain and suffering” claims. Lemon, who is openly gay, is then said to have asked a rather pointed question about Hice’s sexuality as the TV host “continued to shove his fingers” at the plaintiff “with aggression and hostility.”
CNN has since defended Lemon and has called out Hice for having “previously displayed a pattern of contempt for CNN on his social media accounts.”
“This claim follows his unsuccessful threats and demands for an exorbitant amount of money from Don Lemon,” a spokesperson for the outlet said. “Don categorically denies these claims and this matter does not merit any further comment at this time.”
According to Mediaite, an Instagram account suspected of belonging to Hice posted a photo showing him in front of a CNN building in Atlanta in January 2017 . The post was captioned: “Touring the #CNN center today…or as #Trump would say ‘the home of Fake News’ lol.”