Run-DMC is releasing a series of collectibles in honor of Jam Master Jay.
On Tuesday, Run-DMC released their first in a series of collaborative tributes to fallen member Jam Master Jay. This round’s release is a limited edition vinyl album featuring “songs that inspired, affected and changed the ground-breaking group’s music.” The compilation features names like Afrika Bambaataa, Brand Nubian, Anita Baker, and more. View the full tracklist below.
“There are so many things that influence and inspire us,” the group said in a statement. “Music is one of them. It’s a never ending process. We are happy to showcase where it comes from! It all starts and ends with vinyl! If it ain’t vinyl…then it ain’t vinyl!”
The group partnered with 12on12 for the package, which also honors the 35th anniversary of their album Raising Hell. Inventory is limited to 500 hand-numbered double-sided records. Get your hands on a copy of the vinyl for $225. Los Angeles-based artist Reena Tolentino designed the project’s artwork, reinterpreting the group’s classic logo in the process.
Run-DMC – Music Curated in Tribute to Jam Master Jay and the 35th Anniversary of Raising Hell
- Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five “Superrappin”
- The Whole Darn Family – “Seven Minutes of Funk”
- Afrika Bambaataa & Soul Sonic Force – “Planet Rock”
- Kraftwerk – “Trans Europe Express”
- Aerosmith – “Walk This Way”
- Run-DMC – “Rock Box”
- The Sugarhill Gang – “Apache (Jump On It)”
- Brand Nubian – “Bran Nubian”
- Chic – “Good Times”
- MFSB – “Love is the Message”
- Kenny G – “The Look of Love”
- Anita Baker – “You Bring Me Joy”