The duo’s first collaborative album arrives on November 27th.
Today, the on-and-off-again collaborators shared a preview of the new track, “Les Jardins Esméraldins,” teasing their forthcoming instrumental jazz project with a brief and breezy morsel from Pardon My French, their very first full-length joint album. The concept for Pardon My French was revealed by Riggins years ago in an exclusive interview with Okayplayer. “I give him drums and he’ll put all the music to it,” Riggins said, claiming there were nine-albums-worth of vaulted collaborative material between the two producers.
Par the course for Madlib drops, Pardon My French is slated to be released in two separate vinyl packages via Rappcats and Madlib’s own imprint, Madlib Invazion. A standard-issue pressing ($30) is arriving on the Black Friday edition of this year’s Record Store Day (November 27th) with a cover designed by Quasimoto artist, Jeff Jank. The Rappcats version of the album ($50) will be limited to just 500 copies, featuring a chipboard cover and silkscreen art by Jason Jagel. That edition is expected to ship in mid-November, offering an early glimpse at the project ahead of its official release.
Listen to a preview of Madlib and Karriem Riggins’ upcoming collaborative album as Jahari Massamba Unit above. Head over to Rappcats to pre-order your copy of the project on vinyl and scroll on for the full tracklist.
Pardon My French Tracklist:
1. Je Prendrai Le Romanée-Conti (Putain De Leroy) 2:00
2. Les Jardins Esméraldins (Pour Caillard) 1:14
3. Un Bordeaux Pré-Phylloxéra (Pour Le Riche Enculé) 3:10
4. Deux Fakes Jayers (Aussi Pour Le Riche Enculé) 3:32
5. Riesling Pour Robert 4:39
6. Du Morgon Au Moulin-À-Vent (Pour Duke) 9:08
7. Trou Du Cul (Ode Au Sommelier Arrogant) 2:35
8. Etude Montrachet 4:35
9. Le Feu (Pour Belluard) 0:33
10. Merde (Basse-cour) 5:11
11. Inestimable Le Clos 4:34
12. La Closerie (Pour Prévost) 2:05
13. Hommage À La Vielle Garde (Pour Lafarge Et Rinaldi) 4:48