The new Common album will feature appearances from Black Thought, PJ, Brittany Howard, and more.
Common has announced a sequel to his 2020 album, A Beautiful Revolution Pt. 1, will arrive in just a few weeks.
Pt. 2 is out September 10th via Loma Vista Recordings. The 11-track project features contributions from Black Thought, PJ, Brittany Howard, Jessica Care Moor, Seun Kuti, Isaiah Sharkey, and more. “A Beautiful Revolution Pt. 2 was created with hope and inspiration in mind,” the Chicago rapper said in a press release. “The spirit of the album was meant to emulate what a greater day would sound and feel like. We were in the midst of some tough political and socially challenging times. There was still hurt, anger and pain lingering, so I was thinking, ‘what is the next step in this revolution?’,” Com continues.
The album’s lead single “When We Move,” is set to be released this Friday, August 20th, after Common joins Black Thought to premiere the song on The Tonight Show with a live performance.
Scroll on for the full tracklist for Common’s 14th(!) studio album, A Beautiful Revolution Pt. 2, and tune in to The Tonight Show this Thursday to watch the debut of a new collaboration with The Roots’ frontman. Pre-order your copy of the new Common album today ahead of its official release.
A Beautiful Revolution Pt. 2 Tracklist:
1. Intro (Push Out The Noise) (featuring Jessica Care Moore)
2. A Beautiful Chicago Kid (featuring PJ)
3. When We Move (featuring Black Thought and Seun Kuti)
4. Set It Free (featuring PJ)
5. Majesty (Where We Gonna Take It) (featuring PJ)
6. Poetry (featuring Marcus King and Isaiah Sharkey)
7. Saving Grace (featuring Brittany Howard)
8. Star of The Gang (featuring PJ)
9. Imagine (featuring PJ)
10. Get It Right
11. OUTRO (Exclamation Point) (featuring Morgan Parker)