Showtime comedy series Flatbush Misdemeanors has been cancelled three weeks after its second season ended.
Showtime favorite Flatbush Misdemeanors has reached its end. On Wednesday (September 14), the network announced that the comedy series from Kevin Iso and Dan Perlman it would not be proceeding with a third season. Despite being cancelled, the series has an 100% ‘Fresh’ rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
“Flatbush Misdemeanors will not be moving forward with a third season,” the network said in a statement to Deadline. “We would like to thank the creators, executive producers and stars Kevin Iso and Dan Perlman, along with fellow executive producer Keith Heisler, our partners at Avalon, as well as our scene-stealing supporting cast of Kristin Dodson, Hassan Johnson and Kareem Green. We’re very proud to have taken Kevin and Dan’s distinctive shorts and expanded it into two seasons of excellent television. Those two funny and inventive seasons will live on our site for audiences to continue to discover and enjoy.”
Perlman also confirmed the news on Twitter.
I'm super grateful to everyone who worked on the show, everyone who watched & shared, everyone @Showtime, & everyone in Flatbush. We made three no-budget web shorts & turned it into two seasons of a critically-acclaimed show & thank you guys for supporting #FlatbushMisdemeanors https://t.co/y4tBzR6FSN
— Dan Perlman (@danjperlman) September 14, 2022
Earlier in the summer, Showtime pulled the plug on The First Lady and Desus & Mero after the talk show’s co-hosts ended their creative partnership. Last month, Okayplayer spoke with Perlman about the show’s Brooklyn authenticity.
“On the crew, in front of and behind the camera, we had many people who were born and raised in Brooklyn who can give it that kind of real, sort of lived experience,” he said. “I think we’ve really lucked out and we’ve surrounded ourselves with incredibly talented people and at least for me, it’s always [about] trusting the people around me to know the stuff that I don’t know.”