Photo Credit: Netflix
Remaining Dave Chappelle Comedy Shows Canceled Over Possible COVID Exposure
The final show for the Dave Chappelle-led series was due to take place on October 4.
In a report from Page Six, the latest installment of the series, which was supposed to take place this past Friday (September 25), was canceled because one of the recurring performers a part of the series was believed to have contracted the virus. Since then, the series' remaining four shows have been canceled.
Per Page Six:
"Due to possible exposure to COVID-19 within our inner circle, and out of an abundance of caution, we have elected to cancel the remaining … shows," a rep told us. "For the past three months of the pandemic, Dave Chappelle has successfully created a safe haven for comedians, musicians and poets to express their art without incident," they added, "Social distancing, face masks, hand sanitizer, temperature checks and access to daily COVID tests have all been a part of our protocol. We take COVID-19 very seriously and there have been no reported cases among patrons or crew."
In that same report, Page Six said it was told who had contracted the virus but didn't reveal who it was, instead noting that it wasn't any of the following performers listed: Chris Rock, David Letterman, Jon Stewart, Tiffany Haddish, Michael Che, Sarah Silverman, Louis CK, and Michelle Wolf.
Tickets for the remaining four shows have been pulled from TicketMaster, and the company is offering refunds to ticketholders according to the site.
In related news, Netflix recently revealed the next slate of guests for David Letterman's forthcoming third season of his show My Next Guest Needs No Introduction, which will feature Chappelle.