Photo Credit: Johnny Nunez/WireImage
Cardi B Denies Shading Ice Spice In Summer Jam Performance
During her headlining set at the Hot 97 Summer Jam, Cardi B briefly played a suggestive Annie animation, which some have alleged is geared towards Ice Spice.
Cardi B is claiming she has no issues with fellow Bronx rapper Ice Spice. During her headlining set at Hot 97’s Summer Jam over the weekend, the “Put It On Da Floor Again” rapper briefly played the Annie song “Tomorrow” with an accompanying animation that featured the fictional 11-year-old orphan. Due to the animation’s suggestive appearance and moves, some alleged that it was aimed at Spice.
Following the set, where Cardi brought out Latto, GloRilla and 21 Savage, the Grammy-winner went to Instagram Live and called out her trolls.
“For y’all muthafuckas that’s on Twitter tryna be messy, please, cut the bullshit” Cardi told viewers. “That’s not me, like come on now. First of all, y’all been wanting me to be messy all things. Y’all wanted me to be messy on the song, y’all wanted me to — nah, come on now. Cut the bullshit, please. Get the mop. Y’all being too messy and y’all being annoying.”
The animator of the clip also clapped back on Twitter, accusing some viewers of “reaching.”
Although Cardi and Ice Spice haven’t officially collaborated on a song, Cardi shared an unreleased remix of “Munch (Feelin’ U)” on social media last year, with the 23-year-old rapper later attending Cardi’s burlesque-themed birthday party last October. Ice Spice has recently featured Nicki Minaj on the “Princess Diana” remix despite the rapper’s long-running rivalry with Cardi.
Ice Spice also performed during Summer Jam, bringing out Flo Milli, Kali, Lil Tjay and more.
From Your Site Articles
- The Family of Lauren Smith-Fields Gives Credit to Cardi B For Sparking Criminal Investigation ›
- Cardi B Breaks Two of Beyoncé's Guinness World Records Titles ›
- Cardi B — Hip-Hop's Most Refreshing Political Pundit ›
- Cardi B Is Having One of the Best Feature Runs in Modern Rap - Okayplayer ›
- Summer Jam: The Place Where New York Hip-Hop Still Thrives - Okayplayer ›
- Ice Spice Responds to Claims That She’s Benefitted From Colorism - Okayplayer ›
- Alleged Microphone Cardi B Threw In Las Vegas Is Being Sold for Charity - Okayplayer ›