Photo via YouTube
Ja Rule Says Fyre Festival Disaster Is 'Not My Fault'
Photo via YouTube
UPDATE: Fyre Festival founders Ja Rule and Billy McFarland are now the subjects of a $100 million lawsuit that was filed Sunday in California. In a report from Variety, the suit, which was filed by celebrity lawyer Mark Geragos, was made on behalf of plaintiff Daniel Jung, who is seeking "$5 million in damages for alleged fraud, breach of contract, breach of covenant of good faith, and negligent misrepresentation." However, the reason fo the lawsuit being $100 million is because Geragos anticipates "more than 150 plaintiffs" being a part of the suit.
Read the original story below.
Ja Rule has finally responded to the controversy surrounding his Fyre Festival, a three-day all-inclusive luxury music festival in the Bahamas, that has not gone according to plan in any way.
"We are working right now on getting everyone off the island safe that is my immediate concern," Ja Rule said. "I will make a statement soon I'm heartbroken at this moment as my partners and I wanted this to be an amazing event. It was not a scam as everyone is reporting. I don't know how everything went so left but I'm working to make it right by making sure everyone is refunded. I truly apologize as this is not my fault but I'm taking responsibility. I'm deeply sorry to everyone who was inconvenienced by this."
Not too many knew about Fyre Festival until it popped up throughout Twitter, with attendants voicing their anger at how the event promised one thing, only to offer something completely different.
\u201cA view of the luxury food court with some luxury school bus transportation at Fyre Festival. #fyre #fyrefestival\u201d— William Needham Finley IV (@William Needham Finley IV) 1493347004
\u201cExpectation vs. Reality\n#fyre #fyrefestival\u201d— William Needham Finley IV (@William Needham Finley IV) 1493349787
\u201cThe dinner that @fyrefestival promised us was catered by Steven Starr is literally bread, cheese, and salad with dressing. #fyrefestival\u201d— Tr3vor.sol (@Tr3vor.sol) 1493344843
Tickets ran from about $1,000 to $12,000 for the self-proclaimed "cultural experience of the decade," which was supposed to include performances by G.O.O.D. Music, Blink-182, Migos, Lil Yachty, Major Lazer and more. However, the event seemed to be plagued with problems prior to the festival's start.
According to a report from The Wall Street Journal published earlier this month, some artists had not yet been paid in accordance with their contracts, while guests — about 7,000 people were expected — complained of a concierge service that was slow to make contact.