Quantcast
All Charges Against Jussie Smollet Have Been Dropped

All Charges Against Jussie Smollet Have Been Dropped

Chicago Police Identify "Potential Persons Of Interest" In Jussie Smollett Attack

Source: YouTube

Update: Jussie Smollet gave his first response to the charges being dropped. In a press conference, he said: “I have been truthful and consistent on every single level since day one. I would not be my mother’s son if I was capable of one drop of what I have been accused of.”

Watch it here:

Joe Magats, the first assistant state’s attorney, spoke to the New York Times. Magats said that while the charges have been dropped, Smollett has not be exonerated.

 

Scroll down to see the original story. 

What a rollercoaster.

All charges against Jussie Smollett have been dropped, according to the Empire star’s lawyers. A couple of weeks ago, Smollett was hit with 16 charges after Chicago police say he staged a hate crime earlier in the year.

READ: Empire Is Reportedly Reducing Jussie Smollett’s Role Over Attack Scandal

Tina Glandian and Patricia Brown Holmes, Smollett’s lawyers, released a statement on Tuesday (March 26th):

He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgment.

READ: From Alleged Attack To Arrest: A Timeline Of Jussie Smollett’s Chicago Investigation

Smollett’s lawyers also added that his “record has been wiped clean.”

This development comes just weeks after Smollett pleaded not guilty at his arraignment. He has also denied the claims that he staged the attack on January 29th, when two men, wearing Donald Trump gear, allegedly attacked him and shouted racists and homophobic things to him.

H/T: USA Today

 



Our Newsletter

Follow us on Social Media