ESPN reports that footage of the workout was sent to the 25 NFL teams that did not attend.
Following Colin Kaepernick‘s recent workout for seven NFL teams over a week ago, no teams have reached out to work with him. According to ESPN, league sources have shared that Kaepernick remains unemployed and “NFL teams remain uninterested in his services.”
The quarterback’s representatives sent footage of the workout which took place at Charles R. Drew High School in Riverdale, Georgia to the 25 teams that did not attend last Saturday. Despite this, no teams have shown interest to visit with him or sign him.
ESPN reports that sources “speculated that there had been teams interested in making a move with Kaepernick, and could in the weeks after the workout.” Following his 40-minute workout, the quarterback said he’s ready for another opportunity and “wants the league to ‘stop running’ from him.”
After the workout he reportedly said:
“I’ve been ready for three years, I’ve been denied for three years. We all know why I came out here. [I] showed it today in front of everybody. We have nothing to hide. So we’re waiting for the 32 owners, 32 teams, Roger Goodell, all of them to stop running. Stop running from the truth. Stop running from the people.”
The original workout was slated to take place at the Atlanta Falcon’s facility, yet Kaepernick decided to select his own location. In an ESPN report this switch up of venues was due to “a disagreement between the two sides on the quarterback’s liability waiver and media availability.”
The NFL released a statement following the venue change expressing their disappointment in Kaepernick. The organization also shared that they became aware of the change at the same time as the media.
NFL’s response to Colin Kaepernick opting to do his own workout today in Atlanta: pic.twitter.com/uvUZGH7CQ5
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 16, 2019
Robyn Mowatt is a staff writer at Okayplayer where she covers culture, music, and fashion. You can see what's on her mind @robyn_mowatt.