Okayplayer & OkayAfrica Are Looking To Hire A Senior Multimedia Producer
Are you a seasoned video producer, brimming to the hilt with creativity? Well, Okayplayer and OkayAfrica might have a gig for you if you’re the ideal candidate.
The weather is starting to warm up which means that Okayplayer and OkayAfrica are looking to hit the street, create lifetime memories and share it with you all. To accomplish this feat, both companies are looking to hire someone with vision, someone with imagination, someone with panache — basically a seasoned Senior Multimedia Producer.
Do you believe this person is you?
If so, Okayplayer and OkayAfrica are looking for someone to oversee all editorial video production, shepherd each video from ideation to publication and be in charge of the production of other kinds of visual media (infographics, live social media broadcasts, etc.). You’ll also be responsible for delivering multiple pieces of content each week and will split your time between shooting, editing, and producing as needed.
It is important that whoever steps up to perform this role can work well in a fast-moving team and is extremely nimble and quick on his or her feet. You must have a strong understanding of livestreaming, producing video for the web, keeping in line with the growing trends in the industry, as well as experience developing content that will resonate with Okayplayer and OkayAfrica audiences. Having a solid crew (a network) of freelance editors and shooters is a plus, but keep in mind, we are looking for a leader who has creativity and imagination hand-in-hand.
Do you still believe this person is you?
If so, please send your resume, reel and cover letter to Jobs@Okayplayer.com, and check out the rest of the jobs’ responsibilities and qualities below:
* Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media
* Ensure that all content is on-brand, relevant, timely, aligned with editorial/marketing strategy, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, optimized for search and user experience, executes the agreed-upon marketing strategy, and is up to the standard of the company brand.
* Conceptualize and develop thematic approaches and storylines in collaboration with Marketing and Editorial.
* Create and develop multimedia (audio/video) content for editorial stories, internal original on-brand videos, external promotional social videos, and product marketing videos.
* Script, storyboard, budget, allocate resources, set deadlines and select optimal forms of media for projects
* Conduct interviews with artists, influencers, and relevant personnel to create original content
* Interpret social engagement and insights to form actionable intelligence that helps shape campaign narratives
* Select and hire additional crew and talent; make transportation arrangements for the crew, talent, and equipment; and ensure all location needs are met
* Manage incoming video pitches from freelancers
* Work independently, as well as part of a team to establish project deliverables
* Plan video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations
* Develop production schedules
* Reserve and rent equipment
* Manage video library
* Evaluate analytics
* BS/MS; film, photography, television, news, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
* Minimum of 5 years experience
* Proven experience as a digital video storyteller with strong camera and editing skills
* Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite: Premier, Photoshop
* Demo reel is required
* Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
* Experience in still photography preferred but not required
* Must be energetic, positive, and great to work with
* Must be a highly-motivated self-starter; able to work well alone and as part of a team
* Excellent communication and organizational skills