Pandora Announces New Subscription Service, 'Pandora Premium'
Soundcloud, Spotify, iTunes and the like all have tiered services that make them work the bucks spent. Now, Pandora is joining the fray by announcing its first ever on-demand streaming tier.
Pandora Premium, which launches this week, rolls out to select listeners on March 15 who will enjoy a free trial, as the upgrade option will be made available to all listeners in the next few weeks.
Priced at $9.99 a month, Pandora Premium will combine all the things you love about the personalized radio service with the new ability to search-and-play any track or album. Tailored to your own distinct preferences, you can now curate your own music experience in a playlist that will make you the envy of your audiophile friends.
“Every day tens of millions of people trust us to choose the exact right song for them,” Tim Westergren, founder and CEO of Pandora, said. “That’s why they spend more time with Pandora than any other music service. With Premium, we’re leveraging our immense trove of data and everything we’ve learned about personalization to offer a listening experience that sets a new standard for what a music service should be.”
Below, you can see a few of the features that Pandora Premium has to offer to make your music building easier:
* Playlists, not worklists: Start a playlist with one or two songs of your choice, tap “Add Similar Songs” and put the power of Pandora’s Music Genome Project to work to create the perfect playlist for any activity, mood or party.
* All your thumbs up: Every song you’ve thumbed up on Pandora is immediately available in your “My Thumbs Up” playlist. Thumb up a few tracks on any Pandora radio station and Premium will automatically create a new playlist of these songs too.
* New music for you… and only you: Browse is stocked with personalized suggestions for the latest releases from current and soon-to-be favorites whether you listen to classical, metal, jazz, hip hop, country, and everything in between.
* Offline mode: Download any album, song, station or playlist you want and bring an end to those moments of deafening silence when you lose a signal.
* Search that knows you: Pandora’s team of curators, music analysts and data scientists have sifted through tens of millions of tracks to help you quickly find what you really want. No more wading through covers, karaoke versions or tribute tracks to get to your favorite tune.
For those who are already Pandora Plus subscribers, you will receive six months of Pandora Premium for no additional charge. Available now for iOS, Android, Google Chromecast and for your car via Apple CarPlay and Android Auto — this sounds like just the thing for music lovers to have for the 21st century.