The historic day is here, y’all. Not that Columbus thing, I am talking about important sh*t. If you follow this site you never need to ask “Who is Robert Glaser?” Today is the day the Robert Glasper Experiment leader unveils “Dillalude #2″–the final track premiere from his Black Radio Recovered remix EP (drops October 9th pre-order on iTunes now) and of course the day J Dilla fanatics like myself lose their minds over this panoramic 9-minute opus from the cat who has arguably done (and is doing) more to keep the Donut legacy alive than anybody, specifically forcing the world to recognize Dilla’s contribution as a bona fide, real life composer, not just a producer or beatmaker in the conventional sense. Without further ado, Press play to let the symphony begin and listen carefully for the interpolation of your own favorite Dilla creation as the movements progress by the Robert Glasper Experiment leader. Put on your spacesuit and jump into the donut hole (and don’t forget to check the other remixes courtesy of ?uestlove, Pete Rock, 9th Wonder, Georgia Anne Muldrow and of course Jewels with Glasper himself). Don’t ask yourself “Who is Robert Glasper” again!
1. Afro Blue ft. Erykah Badu (9th Wonder’s Blue Light Basement Remix feat. Phonte)
2. Black Radio ft. yasiin bey (Pete Rock Remix)
3. The Consequences of Jealousy ft. Meshell Ndegeocello
(Georgia Anne Muldrow’s Sassy Geemix)
4. Twice (?uestlove’s Twice Baked Remix feat. Solange Knowles & The Roots)
5. Letter to Hermione ft. Bilal (Robert Glasper and Jewels Remix feat. Black Milk)
6. Dillalude #2